John Plocher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe we don't have to reconcile them, because they are /different/
> things.  Which of the following are OpenSolaris?  Duh, they all are.
> They simply have different audiences:
>
>      The OpenSolaris Operating System:
>       At the minimalist end, we have a "miniroot" consisting

> Today we have SX, SXDE, Schillix, Belinix, MartUX and Nexenta
> as examples of various targeted distros.  If I have a binary
> program (say, oracle or my company's accounting package...),
> and I want to pick a distro,
>       Should I /expect/ my application to just work on it?
>       /Will/ it just work?
>       Does the distro owner have any expectations in this regard?
>     and most importantly,
>       How would I tell?

More than 2 years ago, we did agreee that noone except Sun has the
right to call a distro "OpenSolaris" and that Sun shoul/would not do this.

I have no problem if Sun would start to publish something called:
"Sun OpenSolaris ...."

I have problems if this was not labelled with "Sun" as this would cause
harm to other existing OpenSolaris based distributions.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)