On 31/10/2007, Al Hopper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Brian Gupta wrote:
>
> .... snip .....
> > anything, other than vote with our feet? (Shawn, I hope you have a
> > really good answer, because you seem to be speaking for Sun marketing
> > now, and  there are many people who are very upset about this, both
> > within and outside of Sun.)
>
> Shawn speaking for "Sun marketing"?  I don't think so!  I have'nt even
> seen him use the dreaded marketing speak with phrases like "value
> proposition" or proposing entire product line renaming (sorry - that's
> "re-branding") - just to keep the customers guessing when they try to
> place an order!  :)  But we'll keep an eye on him and immediately have
> him "disinfected" if we notice any danger signs!  :)

I'm a developer that moonlights in marketing apparently; that or It's
my shifty, beady eyes...that must be it.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall