[Dropping [EMAIL PROTECTED] &
[EMAIL PROTECTED] since this is getting way off topic.]

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> star is still not in simply because no one wants it badly enough to do
>> the work, while ksh93 is in because Roland wanted it enough to do it.
>
> Could you explain this?
>
> Your claim does not look to be correct.

I don't know of any reason star cannot be integrated into OpenSolaris.
I don't know of anyone working on integrating star into OpenSolaris.
No one has proposed a project on opensolaris.org or requested a sponsor
from the request-sponsor list.

The only reason I know of that star is not in OpenSolaris is no one,
including yourself, has volunteered to do the work necessary to make
it happen.   Roland did all this work for ksh93, and thus it's in.

Things don't integrate themselves, someone has to decide it's something
worth spending their time on and then do it.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]