On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Alan Burlison wrote:
> MC wrote:
>
>> My understanding of the OpenSolaris constitution, community, and OGB is that
>> the  OGB appoints members of the community ("core contributers") to have the
>> power to vote on issues that concern the community.
>>
>> The naming issue obviously concerns some members of the community.  So I
>> figured I'd see some voting happen before decisions were made.
>
> +1 - there should have been a vote.

As Alan Coopersmith just alluded to, it's not up to the OGB to
mandate a vote. (Nor is it up to Sun of course); and among those
who do have the power -- Community Groups and their Contributors
-- there isn't a collective push to put it to a vote.

Thus, concedingly, +1 from me too, which I'm declaring simply
because I'd like to be "on record" as among those who dissented
-- albeit from what appears to be a very large majority view.

Eric