Eric Boutilier wrote:
 > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Alan Burlison wrote:
 >> MC wrote:
 >>
 >>> My understanding of the OpenSolaris constitution, community, and
OGB is that the OGB appoints members of the community ("core
contributers") to have the power to vote on issues that concern the
community.

 >>> The naming issue obviously concerns some members of the community.
So I figured I'd see some voting happen before decisions were made.
 >> +1 - there should have been a vote.
 >>

 > As Alan Coopersmith just alluded to, it's not up to the OGB to
 > mandate a vote. (Nor is it up to Sun of course); and among those
 > who do have the power -- Community Groups and their Contributors
 > -- there isn't a collective push to put it to a vote.
 >
 > Thus, concedingly, +1 from me too, which I'm declaring simply
 > because I'd like to be "on record" as among those who dissented
 > -- albeit from what appears to be a very large majority view.

Oh, make no mistake, by the way, had there /been/ a vote, I
would have voted in favor of the name that was just announced.
/That/ I'm fine with.

Eric