On 01/11/2007, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John Plocher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > > You make an important mistake here: Indiana is not a community initated
> > > distro but a _Sun_ initiated one.
> >
> > You keep asserting this, as if anything done with or by people working
> > for Sun has no validity.
> >
> > Bullshit.
>
> Would you please use a less unfriendly wording?
>

> > If 95% of the people working on opensolaris things are Sun Employees,
> > then (in your perspective) 95% of the things done here aren't
> > community efforts.  Hey, we are OpenSolaris Community members also!
> >
> > > SchilliX was the first community initiaded OpenSolaris distro but Sun
> > > did not like to help with this distro.
> >
> > I'd say, rather, that Sun had its hands full with launching the whole
> > opensolaris effort, and didn't have the time, resources, connections
> > to the right people and/or legal ability to do the things needed to
> > make Schillix happen.  Transforming that complexity into a disparaging
> > "Sun did not like to help" is a  bit much.
>
> People did accuse that I did not try to create a community and for this
> reason, I need to explain that Sun was not interested in such a community.

Why should Sun have to be interested? You could have proposed
something to the community. Why must Sun be the one to make everything
happen?

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall