On 01/11/2007, Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> John Plocher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'd say, rather, that Sun had its hands full with launching the whole
> > opensolaris effort, and didn't have the time, resources, connections
> > to the right people and/or legal ability to do the things needed to
> > make Schillix happen.  Transforming that complexity into a disparaging
> > "Sun did not like to help" is a  bit much.
>
> People did accuse that I did not try to create a community and for this
> reason, I need to explain that Sun was not interested in such a community.

Why should Sun need to be interested? In the last two years you could
have proposed the creation of a distribution community on
opensolaris.org and worked with SchilliX from that as a base.

Joerg, the only reason SchilliX hasn't gone anywhere is because you
and others haven't taken the steps necessary to make that happen.

Please don't take offense at this, I downloaded SchilliX when it first
came out, and even sent you a few bug reports about the readme or some
such thing.

I'm just pointing out that you chose to work outside of the "community
website" and thus were inevitably invisible to anyone that wasn't
already aware of SchilliX through other channels.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall