"Shawn Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > People did accuse that I did not try to create a community and for this
> > reason, I need to explain that Sun was not interested in such a community.
>
> Why should Sun have to be interested? You could have proposed
> something to the community. Why must Sun be the one to make everything
> happen?

I did try to get help from the community and I did have many discussions
with Sun to no avail. What is your concern?

The problem is that Sun takes working project ideas from the community outside
Sun and creates internal projects with nearly identical goals. This is something
that causes the main problems in the opensolaris related mailing lists.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)