On 02/11/2007, John Plocher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The Indiana developer preview naming decision seems to instead
> have done
>
>      Get an idea, discuss it with executives at Sun, announce
>      the results to the stakeholders as an already-decided fact
>      and start acting unilaterally on the result.
>
> The first builds a community, the second erodes one.

John that isn't fair. You were at the summit, if you remember, we had
quite a long and heated discussion with folks that weren't even
associated with Sun about the name as well as on the mailing lists for
a few weeks before any action was taken.

--
Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/

"We don't have enough parallel universes to allow all uses of all
junction types--in the absence of quantum computing the combinatorics
are not in our favor..." --Larry Wall