Amen to that.  Add Hierarchical Storage

I thought it ironic that the Linux world is spending this decade adding
the "business hardening" that we put into Unix in the late 80s and early
90s.

>From: Brandorr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Also another interesting trend in Enterprise IT is that most of the
>innovation going is basically reinvention of 30 year old mainframe
>technologies on commodity hardware. ;) (Virtual Machines,
>fiberchannel/isci, JCL, thin-client computing, utility computing, high
>availability, throughput computing, etc.)
>
>Cheers,
>Brian

Amen to that.  Add Hierarchical Storage Management, which hasn't yet
returned to vogue, but just wait.  Nobody wants to keep terabytes of
blogs on spinning media forever.

I thought it ironic that the Linux world is spending this decade adding
the "business hardening" that we put into Unix in the late 80s and early
90s.  I guess it's just a full employment act for software engineers, if
they are willing to adapt to the new OS!

Dave