Jürgen Keil wrote:

> Did you try "ifconfig -a plumb" ?
>
> With Solaris, network interfaces are not shown until
> you "plumb" them...

Jürgen,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I tried "ifconfig -a plumb". It didn't change anything; I still
just see the two lo0 devices (IPv4 & IPv6)

>> prtconf -pv shows two Ethernet controllers:
>>
>> 'pci8086,108c'
>> vendor-id: 00008086
>> device-id: 0000108c
>
> Seem to be known, at least with ~ snv_80:
>
> % grep e1000g /etc/driver_aliases
> e1000g "pci8086,108c"
>
>> 'pci8086,109a'
>> vendor-id: 00008086
>> device-id: 0000109a
>
> The second one appears to be known, too:
>
> % grep e1000g /etc/driver_aliases
> e1000g "pci8086,109a"

Yes, both devices are in there. But the driver is not loaded.

I'm at a lost to understand why.

I've also got a Supermicro PCI-X 8-port SATA card plugged in
(SAT2-AOC-MV8) with 8 drives connected. None of those devices are
visible to the O/S either. I don't know if this is related, or just
coincidental.

<sigh> Why is nothing ever easy????!!!

R.