"Shawn Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Compared to bash, /bin/sh (the Burne Shell) is bug-free.
>
> I don't think you'll find many users that agree.

This is because most bash users don't understand POSIX nor
care about bugs. They are not even interested in knowing the
reason for a problem.

bash e.g. ignores "-e" under some conditions. This results
in nested make(1) calls that loop over lists not to abort on
make errors. Check Google for bugreports and you will find that
Linux people claim this is not a bash bug.........

If you like to discuss your claim, we first need to select only those
people who know what a shell bug is.....

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)