<snippage>
>  You *cannot* assume that it was due to targeting an internal
>  repository rather than an external one.  Nor (obviously!) does it seem
>  to have anything to do with ARC review, as the case cited is *CLOSED*
>  -- done, finito.
>
>  Thus, the argument for having an external repository, at least in this
>  case, is spurious.  It's unclear how or if it could have helped at all.

I'm probably a tad off topic as I don't know the details of the alpine case.

I do feel that people need a zero barrier to access playground that allows the
university student or the guy trapped inside a corp somewhere with no free
resources to just jump in and play.  If the guy fills in an access form with a
username ( not root, someone actually tried that in a test ! ) and an email
then they can SSH in. At least until I get the SSGD desktop's going.

Computer based playgrounds are good.  Just look at wow or facebook.

Dennis