Dennis Clarke writes:
> I do feel that people need a zero barrier to access playground that allows the
> university student or the guy trapped inside a corp somewhere with no free
> resources to just jump in and play.  If the guy fills in an access form with a
> username ( not root, someone actually tried that in a test ! ) and an email
> then they can SSH in. At least until I get the SSGD desktop's going.

I mostly agree with that.  I don't envy the owner of that repository
-- he's got a tough row to hoe in terms of hosting content of unknown
and possibly legally risky origin -- but I don't think the existence
of such a place has much to do with this particular case.

I wasn't arguing against having such a repository.  I was pointing out
that you cannot really infer anything about what "barriers" exist
merely by looking at closed-approved ARC cases that refer to projects
that have not yet integrated.

The fact that they haven't integrated is unlikely to be due to the ARC
(after all, "closed" means the review is done and "approved" means it
was successful), but you really can't say much about it other than
that.  In some instances, the original project team got interrupted by
higher-priority work.  In other cases the team ran into serious
problems with the software itself.

Asserting that a new repository will somehow cover for project teams
taking a long time to deliver is just not reasonable.