Haluk Durmus writes:
> I have the same problem, but  don't want to give up opensolaris.
>
> my ethernet and wireless kart are not suported (Broadcom b44 and bwm4312),
> and to get it working, I also tried to compile the ndiswrapper to import the
> windows drivers.

If there are binary versions available, it's not clear to me why you'd
want to recompile them.  That's almost certainly harder.

For what it's worth, I've had awful luck with Broadcom wireless gear
-- not just on Solaris, but on other OSes as well.  I recommend
replacing that interface with just about anything else -- Atheros and
Lucent devices seem to be fairly popular, perform well, and are
well-supported.

> I got an error message that gcc is not found.
> So I tried to find a gcc package to download it from a other pc and then copy
> it with usbstick to my opensolaris laptop.
> But I didn't found such a package !

You don't seem to say where you looked for such a package.

One place you could look would be:

  ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/blastwave.org/unstable/i386/5.11

Note that you'd have to fetch not just the core gcc package itself,
but several related and dependent packages.  Resolving those
dependencies is why getting a working network connection _first_ and
_then_ attempting to download large and complicated software is a
better idea.

> The only way to install gcc is to have a internet connection on the target pc.
> I hope I'm not right!

It's not the only way, but it's certainly by *far* the easiest way.