> There were enough problems with how the stuff from
> blastwave/csw was packaged to make it distasteful to
> use, this simply puts the last nail in the coffin.
> For the most part I build everything from the source,
> for those that I don't really want to take the time
> to build I'll go to www.sunfreeware.com

Heh!

Although CSW packages were not perfect (i.e. never fully System V compliant),
going from CSW to Sunfreeware is like going from riding a horse to riding a
donkey.

I suppose that if one goes in with the mindset of "I'll just run make; make
install", one wouldn't care about how badly Sunfreeware stuff is packaged (no
dependencies, /usr/local), otherwise, that stuff should never even see the
light of day, let alone ever be installed on a production system.

Anybody with an insane idea of still "packaging" stuff into /usr/local and not
declaring dependencies obviously doesn't fully understand what they are doing.

With that written, best of luck with Sunfreeware!