Matt Harrison writes:
> I've put in another card and that's working fine, but how can I
> configure that card to be the default after reboot?

What does this command say?

        % svcs physical

If it shows that physical:nwam is 'online', then the system should
automatically switch.  (And if it doesn't then you need to edit
/etc/nwam/llp to give preference to the right interface.)

If it shows that physical:default is 'online', then just do this:

        rm -f /etc/hostname.nge0 /etc/dhcp.nge0

That will prevent that interface from being plumbed at boot.

Similarly, creating those files will cause an interface to be plumbed
at boot.  (You can have as many as you like configured this way.)