Hi all,

My OSOL fileserver has started dropping the ethernet connection every
now and then. It's very annoying and I can't see what's going on. All I
know is that network is disrupted and I get messages like this sometimes
repeated continuously:

Sep 10 19:03:01 exodus mac: [ID 486395 kern.info] NOTICE: nge0 link down
Sep 10 19:03:06 exodus mac: [ID 435574 kern.info] NOTICE: nge0 link up,
100 Mbps, full duplex

I've changed the cable and that helped, but then it started happening
again, so I changed the cable again and it doesn't work at all. I've
moved everything around that I can with the exception of changing the
nic, as I don't know how to configure the other onboard nic and use that.

Can anyone give me some ideas what to look for?

fmadm faulty doesn't show anything, and network connectivity is perfect
when it hasn't gone down.

What could be happening?

Thanks

Matt