If it's one thing I've learned out of this, it's how pathetic tech journalists
are. *Every single last piece of journalism* on this matter has been sourced
from the same "persons famliar with the matter", and over the course of a month
it's become de facto truth. Paul Ottelini has been the sole other source of
some kind of independent verification of this, and even that was somewhat off
the record.

I've seen more journalistic integrity from bottom rung tabloids, and all its
caused is confusion and heartache for a lot of people all around.

Now, on the other hand if this came to pass or at least an announcement was
made according to these various secret squirrels, I would find that incredibly
upsetting; As Joerg mentioned above I can't reconcile ANY of what JIS has
recently vblogged about with the present situation. Doesn't make sense to give
a very clear and concise breakdown of the company strategy, and claim that he
is not worried about the future of Sun etc (for those that have actually
watched the vids...) if in fact acquisition talks were in the works for months
as claimed by Intel Paul.
And what of SAM's statement only in August or October of last year stating they
had full confidence in JIS?

I mean, if this has been internal knowledge for yonks, then why the cloud
computing announments? Why Sun Storage 7000? Why Sun VDI 3? Why this Open
Networking announment on the 14? Were these announments made in the knowledge
they would be purely an academic exercise? If so, that would be duplicitous in
the extreme...

Anyway, maybe Paul Murphy at ZDNet is on to something. I'll believe McNealy and
Co cashing up or allowing others to cash in on something they have spent so
long building up from nothing when I see it.