Hello it's my first answer on this forum .
I'm not a developer or system administrator , but I'm looking on SUN-IBM fusion
and using OpenSolaris for a Major OS .

Unfortunatelly we don't know real IBM's Plan of future of Sun , Mysql ,
Netbeans , ZFS , Dtrace , Sparc , OO and Solaris .
Many people should recieve the most unoptimistic predicts , unexlusion that IBM
will use Sun's Projects Sources into them software . F.e Netbeans code would
upgrade eclipse , and Solaris code would be in future x86 and SPARC port for
AIX .....
More and More IBM might close all Open Source Sun's Projects for Commercial Use
.

What we Can Do ? Waitng for IBM Decisions about fusion and future of Sun's
Software . And Helping On OpenSolaris Developing Process :)