Thanks John:

   The worst problem to troubleshoot is one that can not be readily
reproduced.

   My new laptop "a clevo M580ETU" does show the problem in several
facets.

1 large transfers makes the interface go away for approx 5 minutes.
2 every day use the system goes through long (10 second) pauses when
doing DNS lookups and remote logins. I have switched between the gani
driver and the rge driver several times and have witnessed the pauses
with the rge driver but not with the gani driver.

I have two ECS motherboards that both have shown the problem along with
a sager laptop and now the clevo laptop. All of which were not having
any problem up through build 86. with builds 91 - 109 being the worse. I
am now running builds 117 - 123 on everything and still see the problem
but not as bad as it was in the 91-109 range.