I can confirm that masa's binary fixes the bug. The interface would die out
after an hour of concurrent file transfers. After changing the driver, it run
through the night finishing 130 GB of transfers each way.

Unfortunately, cifs read througput with this binary is limited to ~12 MB/sec or
half of what I can get through the original rge driver (or anIntel desktop
1000MT PCI card) on the same machine and the same filesystem.

It is possible that my CPU is running out of steam. I am running snv_126 on a
Supermicro Atom 330 motherboard. With either lan controllers, one CPU thread is
maxed out. Masa, is your binary compiled with debug assertions or anything else
that would limit performance?

BTW, using msi_enable=0 or replacing rge with the gani driver plunged my
throughput to less than 1Mbps.

                                                        Yannis