>Masayuki Murayama wrote:
>>> Let me know if you need anything, testing, info,
>>> such....
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> sorry for late response. I was busy in this week.
>> I need the mac version of your nic, because realtek gigabit nic family has
>> many
>> variants which are identified by mac versions.  So, I'd like to know the
>> mac version of  your nic to make a right patch for your nic. Please let me
>> know the output of kstat -m rge.
>>

> From the kstat output he sent me:
>
>       mac_ver                         1006632960
>
>       xcvr_id                         1886482

Thank you very much, John.
1006632960 is 0x3c000000. Recently the behavior of rge with the mac_ver
of rtl8168 has been changed because of the bug fix for CR 6892693, which I
worked for.

M D,
 The latest rge will be below, which I made to test the fix for 6892693.
 Would you try it first?  Please ensure if the performance is not degraded too.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/rge.mcast.3.tar.gz

To load the new rge driver into kernel:

(1) unload existing rge:
   unplumb rge port
   # ifconfig rge0 unplumb

   find module id of rge
   # modinfo | grep rge
   if the result is:
200 fffffffff889e000   d420 320   1  rge (Realtek 1Gb Ethernet)
   then,
   # modunload -i 200

 (2) load the new rge
  if you use 64bit kernel:
  # modload ./amd64/rge

  if you use 32bit kernel:
  # modload ./i386/rge

  ensure the new rge is loaded and running
  # modinfo | grep rge
200 fffffffff889e000   d420 320   1  rge (Realtek 1Gb Ethernet mcast.3)

 (3) plumb the new rge
  # ifconfig rge0 plumb .......

 (4) then test your applications.

regards,