On 29/01/2010, at 1:41 PM, Roger Savard wrote:

As much as I like OpenSolaris, I just migrated my FreeBSD (RockSolid) infrastructure to opensolaris with ease: Tomcat, CAS- SSO, OpenLdap, Bind, apache2, CIFS, Postgresql ... I think it is a mistake to design OpenSolaris as a desktop first, Sun always shine on the server side.

Why do you think we're designing OpenSolaris as a desktop first? Because of the LiveCD? What about the Automated Install images, or the text based interactive installer? Lots of room for both, and over the last couple of releases, there's been a higher priority on getting some of the server/enterprise features in place.

Glynn