Does anybody really know what OpenSolaris really is since I've read the
OpenSolaris is NOT Solaris.  Then I read OpenSolaris will become the next
Solaris 10 release.  Both of those statements can't be true.

Just as OpenBSD forked from NetBSD, OpenBSD and NetBSD are separate operating
systems that do share code and other technologies at times, but still
different.  Why can't (now Oracle) own up there are now two Solaris releases,
OpenSolaris and Solaris 10 (the enterprise version), OpenSolaris having forked
from Solaris 10.  Each have their target.  What is wrong with that?