Ian Collins wrote:
Gary wrote:
Does anybody really know what OpenSolaris really is since I've read the OpenSolaris is NOT Solaris. Then I read OpenSolaris will become the next Solaris 10 release. Both of those statements can't be true.

The next Solaris release will be based on OpenSolaris. Solaris 10 is the current Solaris release.

PLEASE GO READ THE MAILING LIST ARCHIVES.

This question has been asked, discussed, and answered by several folks (myself included) in fairly exhaustive detail, a large number of times. Most recently, I think, LAST WEEK.

Google - use it.

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support