Hi!
As far as I'm concerned, if Oracle decides not to support OpenSolaris, or to
use a Red Hat like policy having Solaris as the "commercialy supported"
operating system, and OpenSolaris as the "developers" one, we will fall into
something not as bad as mentioned in several mailing lists I'm reading.
What's the problem? We will have a "Stallman like" support schema, where the
customer will decide which support provider to contract, and then evaluate
which has more knowledge.
In the country I live, they are several GNU/Linux support providers, and
they work a lot. Normally, when I talk with IT managers of big companies,
and ask for the support provider, it's very often to receive "XXXXX local
provider" for answer.
Let's see this as a new opportunity to create, not to destroy.
Best regards,

HeCSa.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Joerg Schilling <
joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> De Togni Giacomo <phenix_...@virgilio.it> wrote:
>
> > An article about OpenSolaris....
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/18/opensolaris_under_oracle/
>
> See also on Heise.de (from the day before yesterday):
>

> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Oracle-irritiert-die-OpenSolaris-Entwickler-927385.html
>
> and yesterday in English:
>

> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/OpenSolaris-community-worried-by-Oracle-silence-933926.html
>
> Jörg