-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Svein Skogen <sv...@stillbilde.net>
An: opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org
Gesendet: 2.7.'10,  9:10

On 01.07.2010 23:21, Erik Trimble wrote:
On 7/1/2010 2:08 PM, Hillel Lubman wrote:
Oracle Policy
That's self obvious. I was asking what is that policy exactly.

Generally:       No comment on anything in the future.

To paraphrase Larry:        "Why would I want to tell you about a
product you can't get now, and don't know when we might be able to get
it for you?"

Wouldn't that rather be "Why should I tell you about a product Oracle
can't monetize right now?"

I think this is where OpenSolaris fails. It's a product that doesn't
generate any income short-term, and thus illogical for Oracle to waste
engineer resources on. Worse than that, it's a product in direct
competition with products they CAN make money from...

//Svein

--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | sv...@d80.iso100.no
        |                   | sv...@stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listm...@stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |sv...@jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mob...@stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.