On 03/07/2010 15:25, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
From: opensolaris-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:opensolaris-
discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Robert Milkowski

Oracle didn't deliver
OSOL within the time frame they publicly stated and there is no
explanation or any communication about it whatsoever. There might be
valid technical issues, or maybe even business reasons, or strategic
reason... The problem is the total silence about it and even if for
some
reason they can't go into details
There is no problem.  "It is not the spoon that bends, it is only you."

This is free software we're talking about.  If you want support, pay for
solaris 10.  If you are not worried about support, it doesn't matter if the
thing you're using is called "osol dev134" or "osol 2010.06" or any other
name.

Where did I write that I want a support????
btw: you can get a support for stable OSOL releases and it does make sens in some environments.

Now, lack of new /dev build and lack of new stable osol release might not worry you but it does worry others. Additionally the way it is handled is far from being community friendly. And yes, I do expect more - at least the same level of dialogue and transparency as Sun did when it comes to OSOL.

--
Robert Milkowski
http://milek.blogspot.com