Yes, Erik.  But few users are old grey beards like us that are comfortable with
listserver and push discussion.  The newer generation interfaces w/everything
via the browser, e.g. witness web 2.0, so the reality of the matter is that the
majority of posts come via Jive interface.  And as in my opinion, the
suboptimal interaction betwixt the two leaves Mailman as somewhat of second
class citizen, the path of least resistance for me was to ditch listserver
because it's pretty much impossible to fight the Jive tide...