On 07/24/10 10:40 AM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
Ken Gunderson<kgund...@teamcool.net>  wrote:

Cool;)

My test box was just about to get fresh install of FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE, but
I'll take Schillix for a quick test spin first.
It still has no GDM and an old version of Xorg I compiled in late 2005.
I hope that someone will compile a recent Xorg and GNOME. It may be a good idea
to check Sun's sources for this as e.g. the GNOME from Blastwave only works
if the locale is UTF-8 based _and_ if every string inside every program is
UTF-8 based. This makes a lot of software from Europe fail with non C locales.

Jörg,

Good job on getting this out.

I really do think you should accept the inevitable and accept IPS, otherwise
SchilliX runs the risk of becoming an evolutionary dead end.

If any OpenSolaris distributions are to survive post-Oracle, they must be able
to share packages with each other and ultimately with Oracle's Solaris.  A
disparate packaging scheme shows a fractured community.  We should at least
strive to appear united!

--
Ian.