True. Im not reffering here as a drop of IPS but rather as a understanding point
for future and how this compares against SVR4. Anyway for future community
distro
, if any, would be good if we can keep one pkg management system and be
compatible
between distros.

IPS should have fixed all these things what you have listed.
To me, as a SysAdmin important are the following:

 - resource consumption. Still I would be glad to see a comparative
   analysis between SVR4 and IPS in terms of CPU, Mem, Disk and Net usage

 - simplicity, robustness

 - patching

How IPS handles the process of applying patched ? AFAIK OSOL does not really
have the concept
of a patch, right ? Or ?

Thanks,
Stefan