> I don't expect to ever see binaries for the
> OpenSolaris distribution again. The most I think we
> can expect is a preview of Solaris 11 along the lines
> of the old "Solaris Express" programme. I hope I will
> be proved wrong though.
>
> Andrew.

That, begs the question how feasible a not-published-by-Oracle distro will be.

optimistic thinking: there is still a weekend for things to happen
pragmatic thinking: time to get familiar with OSX, *BSD, *buntu

sad if it ever comes to jump the solaris ship, which has already shrunk from an
OS of my everyday life to one of my "hobby" time in the past several years.
to any body not in database biz maybe Adrian Cockcraft
http://perfcap.blogspot.com/ cannot be more true, ever.