On 08/13/10 06:35 AM, andrew wrote:

I don't expect to ever see binaries for the OpenSolaris distribution again. The most I
think we can expect is a preview of Solaris 11 along the lines of the old "Solaris
Express" programme. I hope I will be proved wrong though.

I agree, and also I expect the source code to remain stagnant as far as new innovations are concerned (similar to dtrace and zfs). Oracle will develop new technology in a closed source fashion. They will keep the current source up to date, as the CDDL says they have to contribute back, just nothing new.

Paul