> 11. Solaris has a bright future.

 i don't think so. Linux has been running solaris out of the server rooms for a
long time, that is why in 2005 SUN decided to open up solaris and give solaris
away freely hoping that would  attract customers. from 2005 -2009 things did
seem more promising  for solaris, then here comes Oracle reverts solaris back
to that point in time when it begin to  die. UNIX(solaris,aix,etc) sales are
rapidly decreasing, a system running linux and nehalen is as good a sparc
system. so I think if oracle continues managing solaris with  it's current
model the future will belong to linux and windows. With Linux around, I don't
expect many customers are willing to pay the current prices for solaris
contracts.

quote:
"n 2005, Sun released the source code to Solaris,  described then as the
company’s crown jewel. Why do this? The simplest answer is that Solaris had
been losing ground to an open source competitor in Linux. Losing ground was a
symptom of  economics"

http://dtrace.org/blogs/ahl/2010/08/27/the-future-of-solaris/

http://searchdatacenter.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid80_gci1519243,00.html