Unix, meaning Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, have a market and are not rapidly decreasing
as you allude to in your comment.  This is a fallacy and more marketing
gibberish than anything.

Linux cannot hold a candle to AIX or Solaris on proprietary hardware and RAS
features.  AIX has had features (LPARs) for a decade that Linux cannot match
even in their upcoming RHEL 6.

Besides, features that are free in AIX or Solaris will cost a company hundreds
per machine just to get the capability, such as, NIM and JumpStart, which costs
hundreds per machine for RHEL to provision with their Satellite server.

Sun Cluster, Vertias Cluster Server, and PowerVM (used to be HACMP) are so far
ahead of clustering in Linux it isn't even funny.

Every day I see Linux servers and clusters crash with nary an explanation as to
the cause.  Red Hat support and Novell support are unable to give an answer, so
the problems continue.

Linux isn't a platform I would entrust to mission critical workloads on cheap
hardware.  For that I want to use AIX, Solaris or HP-UX.