> > This is a preliminary patch and I need to think it through before I
> > commit it. Maybe we should solve it in some other way (like with ELF).
> > Any DJGPP out there who care to verify if this doesn't break DJGPP?
>
> I tried this patch on DJGPP both as normally compiled and also using
> the asm modules (put ${x86_out_asm} in the DJGPP config-string
      ^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh! I missed that. I mean the fact that they are not
actually engaged in the default configuration. Any particular reason
why?

> No problems with compilation or testing.

Great! As for "preliminarity" of the patch. I've chosen to just promote
it to "final" and throw it in and not do something similar to ELF
solution. Basically because of lack of motivation:-) Cheers. A.