It's interesting to see this happening.  We have two parts of OpenSSL,
sha512 and pqueue, that solve the 64-bit integer problem in very
different manners.

Would it be a bad thing to have a header file in crypto/bn that
provides a guaranteed 64-bit number, possibly through BIGNUM, with
macros to distinguish between the true 64-bit integer and BIGNUM cases
(like pq_compat.h has today), and have both sha512 and pqueue use it?

I'm not saying that sha512 should be implemented using BINUMs, but
rather that it should be possible to detect if 64-bit integers are
support as far as OpenSSL knows, and have sha512 implemented in those
terms instead of forcing the user to say no-sha512 because his first
build failed?

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Mon,  6 Jun 2005 11:32:03 +0200 (CEST), "Andy