From: "Dr. Stephen Henson" <st...@openssl.org>

> [...] A simple workaround would be to copy
> argv into a malloced copy that is properly NULL terminated if you haven't done
> that already. As all the apps go through main() code in apps/openssl.c you
> should only need to change one place.

   That probably makes (much) more sense than fiddling with all the
consumers.  With HP's newly restrictive patch (un)availability policy,
there's not much chance of being able to get away with doing nothing,
even if it is all their fault.

   While you're here, please don't forget that I'm still waiting for
wisdom on what to add where to get around the "crypto/bn" problems
caused by sizeof size_t != sizeof void*.