>    2. The argv-using "apps/*.c" programs need reform to use "argc"
> instead of looking for a NULL terminator at the end of "argv[]".
> (Looking for a NULL makes sense for "envp[]", which is expected to be
> NULL-terminated, but not so much for "argv[]", where it causes bad
> behavior on VMS Alpha with 64-bit pointers, and where "argc" is
> obviously available and suitable.)  I've converted "apps/cms.c" and
> "apps/smime.c", because those were causing test failures.  [...]

   I've now also converted the other argv-using "apps/*.c" programs (and
fiddled a little with the previously converted "cms.c" and "smime.c"):

      http://antinode.info/ftp/openssl/1_0_0d/openssl-1_0_0d_s2b.zip

Again, while the compiler seems to be happy, I've done no testing other
than what happens in the usual test stream, so I wouldn't bet on a zero
new-bug count.  Code inspection and/or actual testing would be wise
before adopting these changes.

   SMS.