Stephen,

Why would writing documentation be a problem here?  That's ridiculous. Also, what is
the liability of the openssl
project if someone wants to contribute documentation from the US. Let's not be
completely speculative here, but
instead get down to the brass tacks. If writing documentation is a problem then
responding to openssl-users list is
also a problem.

Brad