Hi,

We have a JAVA SSL client talking to HTTP Server.

The server side ssl is working fine. Now we are planning to use client authendication(server authendicating client).

I spoke to the certificate provider (comtrust) regerding this. He suggested me to purchace a user certificate.
They also said for this user certificate private key is not required.  I just need to submit online form from their website. No csr is required.

NowI will not be having private key in client's certificate store instead I will only have the User certificate from comtrust.
Will the above work??

My understanding is the certificate store should also have the private key.

Thanks,
Babu