On Monday 25 Apr 2011 20:07:03 James Chase wrote:
> I simplified the issue a bit in order to try and understand what is going
> on here and found that the SSL certificate that Network Solutions is
> providing, along with the intermediate chain file cannot be verified by
> newer installs of Firefox.

Hi James.  That seems unlikely.  Try browsing to NetSol's own EV site
(https://www.networksolutions.com) in FF4.  I see the EV green bar and no
browser warnings.

Could you post the top part of the output from "openssl s_client -connect
yourdomain:yourport" ?

Then we can compare it with...

$ openssl s_client -connect www.networksolutions.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=3 C = SE, O = AddTrust AB, OU = AddTrust External TTP Network, CN =
AddTrust External CA Root
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
verify return:0
---
Certificate chain
 0
s:/serialNumber=3713002/1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US/1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware/businessCategory=Private

Organization/C=US/ST=VA/L=Herndon/O=Network Solutions, LLC/OU=Technology
Services/OU=Secure Link EV SSL/CN=www.networksolutions.com
   i:/C=US/O=Network Solutions L.L.C./CN=Network Solutions EV Server CA
 1 s:/C=US/O=Network Solutions L.L.C./CN=Network Solutions EV Server CA
   i:/C=US/O=Network Solutions L.L.C./CN=Network Solutions Certificate
Authority
 2 s:/C=US/O=Network Solutions L.L.C./CN=Network Solutions Certificate
Authority
   i:/C=SE/O=AddTrust AB/OU=AddTrust External TTP Network/CN=AddTrust External
CA Root
 3 s:/C=SE/O=AddTrust AB/OU=AddTrust External TTP Network/CN=AddTrust External
CA Root

Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
COMODO - Creating Trust Online