On 26/10/17 10:52 -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2017-10-26 13:30:53 +0000:
On 2017-10-26 14:42:35 +0200 (+0200), Flavio Percoco wrote:
[...]
> I personally don't think the campaing period was too short. I saw
> enough interactions between candidates and the rest of the
> community, which was useful for me to make up my mind and vote.
> This is, of course, my own view and I don't mean to imply David's
> view is not valid.
[...]

Indeed, by my quick count we had 84 E-mails to the list for
questions to and answers from the candidates (not including
candidacy/platform statements, announcements from election
officials, et cetera). Also, it's entirely legitimate for these
discussions to continue into the voting week as some voters may wait
until toward the end of the period to make up their minds on how to
rank various candidates (I know I did, at least).

It would also be good to see some discussion of those issues outside
of campaign periods. Some of the questions, like the one about user
perspectives held by the candidates, were clearly meant to elicit
more info to help make a choice in the election. The discussion of
inclusiveness shouldn't be reserved for the campaign period, though.

+1K

What trigger the question is that many candidates mentioned inclusiveness and
diversity in their candidacies. Since it's a topic that I believe is sensitive
and vibrant in our industry, I felt it was fair to dive into it further before
the voting period. It definitely influenced the way I voted.

This said, I agree we should have this kind of discussions more often than not
and I intend to pursue this topic further.

Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco