Am 26.11.18 um 13:08 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> I downloaded the Upstream Pine64 image, did put it on a 16 GB micro-SD, and
> started the Banana Pi M64 with it. It did boot, which I followed on the
> serial
> console, USB-TTL serial cable. However the Ethernet device did not come up.

Did you or did you not dd the M64 u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin file as I
documented on the Wiki page?

If you use the Pine64 bootloader and Device Tree, all kinds of things
can go wrong.

> I did a reboot and now the Ethernet device comes up and gets addresses. Also
> zypper ref works.
> I inspected repository Factory-Contrib-Pine64 and u-boot-pine64plus is
> installed. There I also found u-boot-bananapim64, should that one be
> installed?

It doesn't matter which package is installed, it only matters which
binary was written (dd'ed) to the right location on the SD card.

Uninstalling u-boot-pine64plus is certainly a good idea to avoid
mistakes, but installing u-boot-bananapim64 is only one way of obtaining
the binary to dd onto the SD card. You could also extract the .rpm on
another machine, using e.g. file-roller or command line tools.

Regards,
Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)