"Claes Bäckström" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Could we perhaps see a list of what you so far put in the "base" or do
> you need more time to tinker with it?

Here's my current list - but it depends on the definition that we
have.  Since I'm not sure whether we have consensus I didn't want to
share it with you.  The list does not contain YaST modules, they are
in a different list - and that one needs further time to clean up.
The next factory sync will contain my current lists as well.

Note that in most cases I omitted dependencies, so e.g. glibc in the
list below could be removed since it's required by others.  grep is
not in the list but required by aaa_base.

aaa_base
aaa_skel
bash
bzip2
coreutils
cpio
dbus-1
dhcpcd
e2fsprogs
filesystem
fillup
glibc
gzip
hwinfo
insserv
#if !defined(__s390__)
kbd
#endif
klogd
ksymoops
logrotate
mingetty
mkinitrd
module-init-tools
net-tools
netcfg
openssh
pam
pam-modules
procps
pwdutils
rpm
sed
openSUSE-release
suse-build-key
sysconfig
syslog-ng
sysvinit
tar
util-linux

#ifdef __ia64__
elilo
efibootmgr
ia32el
#endif
#if defined(__i386__) || defined (__x86_64__)
grub
#endif
#ifdef __powerpc__
lilo
#endif

If you think that something should be removed or added, let's discuss
it - and explain your definition of base,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/
  SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany