On 1/22/07, Klaus Kaempf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
* Andreas Jaeger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Jan 22. 2007 15:50]:
> Jim Pye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > However one thing I see missing, it could however be in things like
> > coreutils, is an editor. Not wanting to start a flame war but vi, emacs,
> > pico, nano etc.
>
> That's why I decided to leave this out.  I do expect that those
> experts that use the minimal base system will add their own choice.

We could define the functionality "text editor" as a requirement, fulfilled
by any of the mentioned packages. So you can't have a minimal system without
an editor but you're still free to choose your own.

Yes please do, as I love vi and I probably never get that in the base
pattern as many others think it's not user-friendly.

Warm Regards,
Claes Backstrom