I like the idea of a 'go to' book but understood that this was the
function of the wiki. Do I have the wrong impression?

Duplicaton of effort is a bad idea, but I do like having the 'best and
most current' readily available.

A related issue is navigation and SEO of existing material. For
instance, a search for 'install nvidia drivers opensuse' and this page
is first

http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-installer-HOWTO.html#1

or by clicking through the portal I find this

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers (nice 'one click' for newbies)

which page do we want new users to land on?

Having another book is no good if a user doesn't think to read it, or
doesn't find it when they google a question.

cheers
Helen