On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:54:30 +0200 Jos Poortvliet wrote:

Hi,

> On Thursday 30 September 2010 00:26:09 Helen wrote:
> > How hard is it to convert to multiple e-reader formats including
> > PDF?
>
> That is actually a pretty good point. If our Wiki is good enough in
> terms of content, we can try and figure out how to automate creating
> a book. Well, fully automatic would probably be hard - a book would
> need a bit of layouting. But having all the content on the wiki, then
> using it for a complementary book - I think that's the way to go.

I completely disagree. You are proposing to create documentation in a
completely unstructured format and then writing parsers attempting to
create an exchangeable format.

It is re-inventing the wheel by starting with a rectangle.

We already have all the style-sheets for XML to provide the formats we
need (including wiki text).

--
Regards
        Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;  http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)