On Wednesday 02 February 2011 20:35:24 jdd wrote:
> Le 02/02/2011 19:50, Greg Freemyer a écrit :
> > Are you suggesting openSUSE start advertizing 115,652 packages, in
> > 28,949 repositories on the openSUSE Build Service!
>
> YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>
> having *one* line in the opensuse.org screen with "today xxxxxxxxxxx
> packages in OBS" would be really great!!
>
> OBS could also be "Opensource Build Service :-))"
>
> but it would be great if say ubuntu setup an OBS instance and start
> helping maintaining the product!

MeeGo already does ;-)

I doubt Ubuntu will do that within the next 10 years (hehe) but Mageia
actually was/is thinking about this (and a rename would help them choose -
using "the openSUSE Build Service" to build your distribution is weird but
using the Open Build Service makes sense. I suspect that is also the reason
why MeeGo calls OBS the open build service or just build service - it's easier
for them to justify the use of it.